Thursday, May 26, 2016

Brainerd Lakes Fishing Report: May 20th, 2016

I have been buying crawlers lately and kayak fishing some of the back bays on Gull Lake. I have picked up a few nice sunfish, but mainly I have been catching and releasing some feisty rock bass. Tonight is my weekly fishing night, so I am going to head out with some crappie minnows and see if I can't find some slabs to cook up for my first fish fry of the spring.
Check out the local fishing report below, and good luck out on the water:


BRAINERD/NISSWA AREA
The majority of walleyes are hitting minnows in 15 feet at Gull Lake and North Long Lake. Northern pike also can be had on minnows in 10 feet on Gull, Whitefish Lake, and North Long. Crappie reports have improved in shallow water at Round Lake, Lake Margaret, Booming Out Bay on Gull, and Merrifield Bay on North Long.
S & W Bait & Guide Service/Nisswa Guide League  (218) 829-7010

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Truck Drivers Can Eat Healthy on the Road

Great article on the challenges of eating healthy while living on the road: How Truck Drivers Can Eat Healthy on the Road : The news came a...